There seems to be a buzz in East Cobb this year as we near the Christmas holidays! Everyone seems eager to enjoy holiday events, since last year was sort-of cancelled. We have some recommendations for you! Here are five ideas for enjoying the festivities nearby this year.
Fun Things for the Family and Friends
- Support your local high school band and grab a real tree! From now until December 11, you can purchase a Christmas Tree at the Lassiter High School Marching Band’s annual Christmas Tree sale. They have 6-12 foot Frasier Firs and wreaths. The sale is located at Highland Plaza at Sandy Plains/Shallowford Rd. They are open weekdays 5pm to 8pm and weekends 10am to 8pm.
- Enjoy Christmas Decorations in Historic Marietta. Join one of the premier events in Cobb County, the Marietta Pilgrimage. Catch a glimpse of beautifully restored and lovingly decorated historic homes and public buildings in the Kennesaw Avenue Historic District. The tours are held on December 4 and 5, and tickets can be purchased in advance on their website.
- Take a day trip to the North Georgia Mountains. Seek out some early season snow, take a hike in the beautiful Georgia mountains. Or check out Dahlonega’s Old Fashioned Christmas or Decemberfest in Helen.
- Enjoy Christmas lights all over Metro Atlanta. There are so many places to enjoy festive light displays, including Zoo Atlanta, Lake Lanier, White Water, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Stone Mountain, Life University, and The State Botanical Gardens.
- Attend a local church event. You could do some great Christmas shopping at Apple Annie, St. Ann Catholic Church’s famous annual craft show and sale. Or, enjoy all the festivities at the Johnson Ferry Baptist Christmas Party.
- Celebrate and shop local at The Avenue in East Cobb. There are so many events to enjoy at the Avenue this season! And you can get a little Christmas shopping done while you’re there.